- 1 kilogram pumpkin – any variety will do
- 500 ml chicken broth or stock – substitute vegetable stock for a vegan/vegetarian soup
- 250 ml coconut milk
- 60 grams fresh ginger (about 3-4 thumb sized pieces)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil for roasting the pumpkin – can also use coconut oil
- 20g Billington’s Gingerbread
- Fresh coriander
Preheat oven to 180 C and line a large tray with baking paper (or use a non-stick tray).
Peel pumpkin and cut into even-sized chunks. Place on tray, drizzle over olive oil and toss around with your hands to coat. Roast pumpkin in the oven for approximately 45 minutes or until super soft and starting to caramelise at the edges.
While the pumpkin is roasting, peel the ginger and gather the rest of the ingredients.
Place cooked pumpkin, chicken broth/stock, coconut milk, ginger, cumin and cinnamon into blender jug. Blend until super smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
To serve, heat a portion of the soup in a saucepan over the stove (or microwave the soup if that’s more convenient for you).
- Crumb the Billingtons Gingerbread and roughly chop the fresh coriander. Sprinkle over the top and enjoy!
Buy your Billington’s Gingerbread Online Here