- 475ml Double cream
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 250ml milk, chilled
- 3-4 drops pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp all spice
- 85g smashed Billington’s Gingerbread biscuits
- Heat the cream in a small saucepan. once the cream starts to come to the boil remove from the heat and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Beat the yolks with the sugar, spices, vanilla extract and salt until smooth. Pour in the cream in a thin stream, whisking constantly. Allow to cool and place in the fridge overnight.
- The next day, add the milk and whisk well. Prepare in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturers instructions.
- Add the Billington’s gingerbread crumbs only after the ice cream has begun to thicken and stir well to distribute it evenly.
- Pour ice cream in a container and freeze until solidly frozen.
- Serve with a finger or two of Billington’s Gingerbread.
Buy your Billington’s Gingerbread Online Here