Image – Sarah Cook
- 150ml Marsala, madeira or medium-sweet Sherry
- 2 x 300g packs cream cheese
- 600ml double cream
- 50g icing sugar, sifted
- 2 x 140g packs Billington’s Gingerbread
- 2 x 200g punnets of raspberries
- Put 50ml of the alcohol in a bowl with the cream cheese and beat with an electric whisk until smooth. Add the cream and sugar and beat again until well mixed and softly whipped.
- Using a pastry brush, quickly brush a Billington’s Gingerbread finger with a little of the remaining alcohol. Stack, brushed-side down, on a cake plate or stand, then repeat to make a large round base of biscuits. Spread over a layer of cream, squish in some raspberries, then repeat with another layer of biscuits, pressing down slightly to stick. Repeat layers, finishing with a fourth layer of cream and raspberries. Cover with an upturned mixing bowl, or very loosely with cling film, then chill until ready to serve. It’s good after 2 hrs, but could be made the day before, too. Serve with a sprinkling of crushed Billington’s Gingerbread.
Buy your Billington’s Gingerbread Online Here