- 600ml double cream
- 60g icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped glacé ginger
- 280g Billingtons Gingerbread
- 60ml fresh orange juice
- 60ml ginger wine
- 2 tablespoons caramel topping
- Use electric beaters to beat the cream, sugar and vanilla until firm peaks form. Use a large metal spoon to fold in half of the chopped ginger.
Spread a little of the ginger cream down the centre of a serving plate to help the biscuits stand up. Crush one of the Billingtons fingers and set aside.
Combine the orange juice and ginger wine in a shallow bowl. Dip 3 fingers of the remaining Billingtons gingerbread in the ginger wine mixture. Stand horizontally on the plate and spread 1 side with cream. Dip another 3 fingers in the ginger wine mixture and place alongside the first biscuit and sandwich together. Spread with cream. Continue layering with the cream mixture, wine mixture and remaining fingers to form a log. Spread remaining cream over the log. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 6 hours to chill.
Drizzle the log with the caramel topping and sprinkle with the remaining chopped ginger and the reserved crushed biscuit.
Buy your Billington’s Gingerbread Online Here