- 900ml thickened cream
- 330g caramel sauce
- 250g sour cream
- 40g icing sugar, sifted
- 800g shop bought gingerbread cake
- 90ml marsala or brandy
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- 200g Billington’s Gingerbread, crumbled
- Divide the thickened cream evenly between two bowls. Add the caramel sauce to one bowl and whisk until thickened. Add sour cream and icing sugar to second bowl and whisk until thickened.
- Cut cake into 2cm-thick slices, then layer one-third of slices over the bottom of a 3L trifle dish. Drizzle with one-third of the Marsala, sprinkle over one-third of the cinnamon, then one-quarter of the Billington’s Gingerbread crumbs.
- Top with one-third of the caramel mix, then one third of the whipped cream mixture. Repeat layering process twice, finishing with remaining biscuit crumbs.
Buy your Billington’s Gingerbread Online Here